Each year we curate a thematic film festival, and accept submissions via an open call:
Imagining or experiencing the moment or process of liberation, of deliverance from what holds you, confined or isolated, gripped in uncertainty or fear, held back by powerful forces or structures, kept apart from others, mired in confusion, dwelling in the dark.
To witness or feel this point in time in slow motion or rapid fire
To imagine it as really possible, even sustainable.
How do we imagine a world or ourselves changed after emerging from the grip of fear, solitude, anxiety, grief, oppression?
What does the other side of this prolonged condition look like ?
What occurs in the moment of release ?
- All genres and styles are welcome
- Artists may submit up to two entries
- Entries must be a link – Vimeo, Youtube or to a direct section on your website.
- Entries may be up to 3 minutes in length, though the total running time of the work may be up to 20 minutes. If applicable, you may also submit a link with the full work, which we will watch if interested in your entry.
- Works not in English must have subtitles
- $10 entry fee submitted to Venmo account: @singlechannelvt. We will send confirmation upon receipt of your entry and fee.
- DEADLINE for submission & entry fee is October 23, at 11:59pm ET
- Festival Dates: February 12 – 14, 2021. This is an in-person event, following all CDC and state of Vermont guidelines for group gatherings.
- Film Festival will take place at our large, industrial space located in the heart of the South End Arts District in Burlington Vermont.
If accepted, artists will be asked to submit a short artist statement
(application submission also available through Film Freeway)